The Ashanti Regional Commander of the Ghana National Fires Service, ACFO Semekor Kwaku Fiadzo has disclosed that a faulty air conditioner at the Judges’ chambers of the High Court is the cause Wednesday’s fire.
A section of the Kumasi High Court which contains dockets of pending cases before the various High Courts in the region, chambers of two High court judges and one circuit court judge were gutted by fire at about 11am on Wednesday.
The Fire according to Ultimate Fm’s Isaac Justice Bediako who was at the scene, destroyed several items in the chambers of the two judges including court documents, exhibits and several important items.
It took fire fighters close to an hour before they could put out the fire.
A private legal practitioner Stephen Appiah who had earlier been to one of the courts to represent his client expressed fear that the disaster could affect judicial activities in the Ashanti region.