Twenty-Four (24) of the Kumasi Senior High Technical School (KSTS) at Patase a suburb of the Kumasi Metropolis who suffered various degrees of injuries following Wednesday’s dawn inferno that gutted part of the girls’ dormitory have been treated and discharged.
The affected students who were trying to escape from harm when an alarm was raised after the fire outbreak, ran into each other with others colliding with objects resulting in the series of injuries.
Authorities rushed them to First Care Hospital, a privately-owned health facility where they were treated and discharged checks by ultimate1069.com revealed.
One of the members of staff who spoke on strict anonymity said the students; mostly females panicked at the spark of the fire and were not cautious in getting off their beds with other somersaulting while descending the staircase to the emergency assembly point.
These resulted in some female students incurring bruises and others having swollen knees
The fire authorities disclosed, has not affected academic activities at the school with teaching and learning in session at the time ultimate1069.com visited the school to ascertain the situation on ground.