Shop Owners Identify Cause of Kumasi Market Fire

Shop owners and traders have identified loaded mattress truck driver as the one who caused the Kumasi central market fire on Monday.

They blamed the driver for the fire outbreak.

The driver who is said to be at large was transporting the mattresses to one of the shop owners inside the market when the mattresses which were at top length with the electricity wires sparked fire.

The traders and shop owners in their quest to quench the father threw the burning mattresses onto one of the shops spreading to other stores.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to Ultimatefmonline.com, the driver was warned not to pass under the electricity but refused to listen to advice arguing that he passes through the electricity wires without any hitches anytime he transports the mattresses.

‘Fearing to be lynched by the angry traders and shop owners, he ran away, the electricity wire caught fire when it got into contact with the mattresses,’ Yaw Badu explained.

Properties worth millions of Ghana cedis were lost in the inferno.

The fire occurred at the stores behind Hello FM.

 

By: Ghana/Ultimatefmonline.com/106.9FM